New Canaan is an incredible community that for generations has been one of the most sought-after towns for families to raise their children. Some of the best schools, beautiful parks, historical tradition, “small town” warmth and proximity to NYC for cultural and professional growth deliver it all.
However, it’s the people that make New Canaan special. The pride people who live here have in our town is unmatched and that makes our children proud to live here.
Many dads in our town are hard working professionals who dedicate their lives to giving their families a better life than they had. This means 9-to-5 workdays (or even 5-day work weeks) are a rarity. This makes it hard to achieve that vital balance of being a good dad, husband and friend while taking advantage of all the great things our community has to offer.
New Canaan Dads’ goal is to provide dads an organization where they can connect with other dads to help realize this balance after work is over. Making new friends with good guys who can share ideas and experiences. Spending quality time with their children while teaching them new things that will help them grow up to be good people who care about their community. Complementing the great work moms do by providing a crucial male role model kids need. Helping other like-minded organizations in town for the collective good.
We focus on these areas:
Flexibility is a core theme of the organization. We are all busy and will have varying ideas on how to carry out the New Canaan mission in our own way. While there will be scheduled tentpole events, as the membership takes shape there is opportunity for dads to implement their own ventures under the New Canaan Dads umbrella at a time that fits their schedules.
When you join New Canaan Dads, you’re connecting to a network of like-minded dads that support each other personally and professionally. Your membership in New Canaan Dads gets you:
- Volunteering – food delivery to those in need, park cleanups, Filling in the Blanks, kids reading to seniors
- Speaker Series – learn from hometown heroes (sports stars, veterans, police/fire) and other relevant speakers on a variety of topics of interest to the group
- Dads and Kids events – overnights (campouts, ski trips), sporting events, hikes, NYC trips
- Dads only events – monthly happy hours, golf outings, dinners
- Family events – Waveny Fourth of July, cookouts, Parents night out, New Canaan HS sporting events